Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Design: Things You Can't Build In The United States

As we are all design students (with the exception of Rick haha, sorry bud) we all love design and surely spend countless hours looking at furniture, kitchenware, lamps, bikes, cars, structures and beyond. If I had the time, or the patience (one day I hope) I'd start a blog called Design: Things You Can't Build In The United States. Strict building codes and even more strict political process inhibit the mind of every designer, even more so here in the U.S. Speaking for myself, but surely for a few of you as while, I constantly find beautiful home, office structures, and even back country cabins, that simply cannot exist here and it destroys me every time. It is important to keep the mind from narrow, even if it may never come about. Here's an example, I'd encourage you all to post more!

House in Saka

No comments:

Post a Comment